Re: 5.1.0-rc1

Dear All,

PPA for KiCad 5.1 is now ready.
When it's possible (for example on Ubuntu Bionic) GTK 3 is used, python3
is enabled and WX4.0 too...

Don't hesitate to report any issues on ppa.

To use it:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:js-reynaud/kicad-5.1
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install kicad

For the moment, as I see, no doc/templates/lib/footprint repo were tag
5.1.0-rc1 yet...

Note that for python plugins some refactoring can be needed when
migrating to python3. According to https://pythonclock.org/ perhaps it's
time to switch any plugins to python 3 ;)