Re: Silk screens over pads and naming

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 06:18:44PM +0100, John Beard wrote:
> I have not marked the protruding legs on the RA assembly: would this be
> helpful, as the assembly drawing is not obviously handed? Something
> like:

I'd only put the brackets for the pin area (so you can do pin inspection
bar, too)

> I have added a little triangle arrow at pin 1 for all types, as I think
> this is a helpful thing for hand-assembly. I always appreciate it,
> anyway!

It's even better if the arrow is visible with the connector soldered, so
it's faster to attach the cable, too. Especially if the connector is
*not* polarized. Picoblades (and spoxs) are polarized and pin 1 is marked
on the body but it's easier to see if it's marked on the silk.

When you have many connectors you can actually reduce assembly time with
these little things.

         / \

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio