Re: plymouth

Am 03.10.2010 00:18, schrieb Julien Lavergne:
> And to be back to the initial problem (plymouth) :
> sadly, there was no work on plymouth integration for Ubuntu for this
> cycle, which not help for its stability.
>
> If removing it from the system seems possible, removing it from the
> Lubuntu ISO seems less easier.

Just remove plymouth and rebuild initrd would work. But I think you mean
in the building process of the ISO. (btw. is it anywhere documented ?)
> Anyway, it's something we could discuss for the next release.

Before complete removing it I would suggest simply to activate the
text-plugin instead of the graphics intense animated image splash.
This one works without drm so even proprietary drivers would display the
same text-output as their free counterparts.
I have experience in ZevenOS-Neptune with it and it works fine on every
pc even the very old ones.