Re: CPUs Lubuntu 11.04 (i386) will run on

On 25 Feb 2011 13:52:19 -0600, PYROcomp <rexmollc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps this would be a worthwhile project:  compiling support for i586?
> Let me know,  if there is enough belief in support for i586 I will suggest
> it to the sl4mm3r5 group.

Wow!  Do you have any idea of the time it would take to recompile every
single package in the entire Ubuntu repository set for i586, and then
test them all for correctness??  And then either persuade Ubuntu to let
us add that entire set of binary packages to their repositories somehow,
or else set up our own parallel set of repositories?  We're looking at
tens of thousands of packages here...  your group had better be both
large, and very competent, if you want to do that.

I think that's a little ambitious, but if you have the expertize and
resources to attempt it, go for it, I'll definitely watch with interest
to see how you progress :)

Jonathan