Re: Fw: Dropping i386 non-PAE as a supported kernel flavour in Precise Pangolin

On 6 January 2012 19:17, Steven <stenten@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That command doesn't give any output:
> $ grep pae /proc/cpuinfo
> $
>
> It was also apparent when I ran a Lubuntu Precise daily-live CD for the
> first time the other day and got this:
> "This kernel requires the following features not present on the CPU:
> pae
> Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU."
>
> -Steven

Wow, I stand corrected. I have a VERY similar CPU here in my Dell
laptop that is around the same vintage that is PAE supported. This
does suggest the problem is more widespread than originally thought as
this is pretty much the target market for Lubuntu, older laptops.

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris