Re: Mac G3 testing - desktop .iso

Paul,

Argh! Posted directly to you instead of the list again. I've requested the list be put on Gmane, which should stop me doing this...

It would be a lot simpler to have the xorg.conf in the home directory of the lubuntu user. That way the amount of typing could be kept down to:

sudo mv xorg.conf /etc/X11

sudo service lightdm restart

However, taking a step back, it would be even better to have the commands in a shell script somewhere on the path so that 1) it doesn't appear in the lubuntu user's home directory, and 2) just typing something like g3imac would run the bash script. I've not checked what the path is on the liveCD, but presented as a possible solution to whoever compiles the liveCD, an xorg.conf and a two line bash script shouldn't add too much to the space used on the liveCD. As such it should just be a papercut fix, with maybe the echoing of the hint to try typing g3imac if the liveCD boots to a command line. Any clues are going to be an improvement over just dumping the user at the command prompt without any sign of why they are there. Let the compiler of the liveCD decide where to put the xorg.conf. What we need to do is do everything we can think of to make sure that this fix would work for all G3 machines that need it.

--
JimP