Re: Mac G3 testing - desktop .iso

Phill,

I would think that the argument would be that we are not changing any features in the installed distribution, but changing the install CD to cope with some hardware issues discovered in testing. The xorg.conf included would only end up on the user's machine if they have an iMac G3, and it will just fail to work without it (or similar). We're only in feature freeze, and having a working X is a pretty important feature to fix, not a new one we're adding. I'll just check to see if I can come up with a way of determining that the machine is a G3 iMac, and that could be a way of presenting the fix for inclusion in an install script somewhere rather than being a bolt-on after the user is dumped to the command prompt.

--
JimP