Re: Video Problems - Saucy

Hi Andre,

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Andre Rodovalho
<andre.rodovalho@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Yesterday I tested on my Core2Duo, a video on youtube on full screen, and
> as I told you guys before, my cooler use to accelerate a bit. I usually
> don't hear it's noise, and when I play something with flash CPU use
> increses...

So, I am not the only once since you and Phill are having the same findings
and it means, the problem with Flash itself?

> Well, on my latest test, my CPU usage came to 107%, as my processor is
> dual core, that means 100% of a thread and 7% of the second one... And all
> that only on the *plugin-containe* process...

Yes, that is when you play a Flash Video, just like my case. Once I close
that tab or stop the video, CPU usage will decrease.

> You might want to check how much CPU% that process require on your machine
> Ali, an *sudo top* might be better for this task!

Done.
Most of the CPU load and the highest is because of Flash. I am playing
something on YouTube. It reached to 75% for that process only O_o
ONCE I STOP IT, not close the tab, just stop the video, it gets down to 8%
O_o

Seriously? then it is definitely Flash Problem and not anything else. Of
course, people with Old Machines like mine will suffer.

THIS IS NOT GOOD :(

We need to solve this issue ASAP before we carry on with our Start Ubuntu
campaign.

Say, have anyone tried to play that on Windows XP? I have no XP installed
on any of my machines. Is there someone with the same machine or close to
it can play the same video on XP and see what happens?

It would be really bad if XP will work better :(

> PS: 68 C - 70 C is still acceptable. Most BIOS have auto-shutdown at about
> 85 to 92 degrees celsius...

But why in Linux, it says 40C only? while the BIOS read it as 70C ???

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*