Re: Lubuntu 13.10 beta

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 18:36:36 +0300
Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 09/22/2013 06:04 PM, JM wrote:
> > I will be interested to know if by any chance that helps. I would also like to know
> > about the specs of the machine(s) where the freeze have occurred (Motherboard, CPU,
> > GPU particularly).
>
> Thanks.  For just my own machine, it is this one:
>
> 	http://people.ubuntu.com/~larsnooden/Hw/pike.lshw.html
>
> though others have different hardware I expect.  The freeze leaves no
> trace in the log files.
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

Hi Lars,

About logs:
Is the distro installed or is the freeze occurring with a live ? If it is installed, is
it possible to get the dmesg just after a reboot, and seek for the last lines just before
the last reboot lines ?

hum… I'm not sure it is still possible to get the dmesg messages from the former session
nowadays. Maybe seek for the last lines of dmesg from within a Live session?

About mac mini : isn't there something in that kind of hardware which might be (?) →

Just noticed the two different kinds of CPUs : which one is in use when you boot? Can you
setup something in the bios to select one or the other? →

******************
id:
cpu:0
product: 	Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz
vendor: 	Intel Corp.
physical id:
117
bus info:
cpu@0
version: 	Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T
slot: 	U2E1
size: 	1GHz
capacity: 	1GHz
width: 	64 bits
clock: 	166MHz
capabilities: 	fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr
pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx x86-64
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx
est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm tpr_shadow cpufreq

***

id:
cpu:1
product: 	Pentium III
vendor: 	Intel(R) Corporation
physical id:
11b
bus info:
cpu@1
version: 	Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T
slot: 	U2E1
size: 	1833MHz
capacity: 	1833MHz
clock: 	166MHz
capabilities: 	cpufreq

That seems exotic to me. ^^

What about the agpgart-intel and i915 drivers? Are they loaded once the boot
finished ? (you could try to boot to init 3 to check, in case it's not possible to
get a X session).

Regards,
Mélodie