Re: Alternate testcase changes

Den 2015-03-02 16:36, Lars Noodén skrev:
>> Hi Lars,
>>
>> Walter made the alternate testcase available again, so we use it as a
>> template:
>>
>> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/326/builds/89862/testcases/1439/results
>>
>> "Alternate Install (Encryption) in Lubuntu Alternate i386 for Vivid Daily "
>>
>> I think we can use the Ubuntu testcase as a template for the desktop iso:
>>
>> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/326/builds/89833/testcases/1451/results
>>
>> "Install (entire disk with lvm and encryption) in Ubuntu Desktop i386
>> for Vivid Daily "
>>
>> Best regards
>> Nio
>>

> Hi,
>
> Maybe the encrypted LVM is something that we should deal with in 15.10
> instead.  I just was able to try a test on Desktop for amd64 for 15.04
> using the 2015-03-01 image and it fails fatally with an error about an
> unsafe swap space being detected.
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

Hi Lars,

Right now I'm testing the desktop installer and trying to add/change
what is necessary from the Ubuntu test-case to a new Lubuntu test-case.

You have probably the same bug in the 64-bit system as in the 32-bit
version. It gets disturbed by the zram. If you turn it off with

sudo swapoff -a

and do the other things I did (make a clean MSDOS partition table
without any partitions), it might work also in the 64-bit version. When
we have identified what is failing, the developers can remove the
problem, for example to allow zRAM during the installation.

Earlier today I checked quickly with the 64-bit desktop Utopic
installer. It suffers from the same or similar problems,while the
alternate installer of that version passed the encryption test-case
(tested by me). No extra commands or tweaks were necessary for the
Utopic alternate installer's encryption test-case.