← Back to team overview

maria-developers team mailing list archive

Re: MariaDB + PBXT


On 13 May 2009, at 01:52, Paul McCullagh wrote:

On May 13, 2009, at 10:37 AM, Kristian Nielsen wrote:

Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

One thing I might try is to re-do the merge in smaller steps. There is a _lot_ of add/move/delete/patch the same file in the same changeset, and it is clear that it is very hard to get all the special cases of this right in the bzr code (I would personally lean towards not allowing a single file to be both
added, deleted, moved, and/or patched in the same commit).

So if I re-do the merge with seperate commits:

1. In pbxt repo, move needed files into pbxt-to-be-merged, delete rest.
2. In MariaDB repo, delete PBXT files from the old merge.
3. Pull renamed pbxt into mariadb without other changes.
4. Move files in pbxt-to-be-merged into place
5. Apply needed patches.

Then each individual step will be in a separate commit, which should make the
history hopefully more sane.

Ok, I tried this, and it did not make any difference, same problem.

After re-merging PBXT revision 608 (same as orginal merge), I tried to merge in just revision 609 from PBXT (from a `bzr branch -r609 pbxt` branch):

  $ bzr merge ../test-merge-source
  +N  mysql-test/suite/pbxt/r/type_varchar.result.OTHER
  +N  mysql-test/suite/pbxt/t/type_varchar.test.OTHER
   M  storage/pbxt/src/ha_pbxt.cc
  Contents conflict in mysql-test/suite/pbxt/r/type_varchar.result
  Contents conflict in mysql-test/suite/pbxt/t/type_varchar.test
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/ui/__init__.py:91: UserWarning: ProgressTask(0/2, msg='Apply phase') is not the active task ProgressTask(None/None, msg='')
    % (task, self._task_stack[-1]))
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/ui/__init__.py:91: UserWarning: ProgressTask(2/3, msg='Merge phase') is not the active task ProgressTask(None/None, msg='')
    % (task, self._task_stack[-1]))
  bzr: ERROR: No final name for trans_id 'new-1'
  file-id: None
  root trans-id: 'new-0'

So I think this means we will have to put applying Stewart's technique to the
PBXT merge on hold :-(.

Yes, unfortunately we cannot proceed with this problem. :(

I encountered same issues with my maria-federated merged repository.

I found that if I pull into the 'renamed' intermediate repository, I could then merge that into the maria repository but if I try to do it direct, I get the bzr crash as above. (no merge conflicts though).