Re: Shared plugin library build question

A word of warning upfront before trying HP compiler. Unless xlc has changed its defaults  in the last year or two, you'd need to set CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS env.vars prior to CMake so it compiles for Itanium.
 it was either +DD64 or maybe +DSitanium2 or something similar. Otherwise the build would produce  PA-RISC binaries (those binaries are runnable on the HPUX Itanium,  due to some emulation layer, but it is likely not what people expect)