Re: Lost connection to MySQL server at, 'reading authorization packet', system error: 104 (or 0)

Am 09.07.2014 19:29, schrieb Tanstaafl:
> On 7/9/2014 12:52 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Am 09.07.2014 17:45, schrieb Tanstaafl:
>>> But a couple of weeks later, my mysql server actually blocked the SOGo server completely:
>>>
>>> 2014-06-29 19:49:01.986 sogo-tool[7566] ERROR: could not open MySQL4 connection to database 'sogo': Host
>>> 'sogo.example.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'
>
>> because your server has enough from that broken client
>> http://mysqlblog.fivefarmers.com/2013/08/08/understanding-max_connect_errors/
>
> But my point is shouldn't these errors that the server is seeing show in the (mysql) logs somewhere?

why should they?

if they would and i can access your database server it takes me
one minute to DOS your machine by write the disk full with
"is blocked because of many connection errors" messages

to log everything unconditional is naive and if you ever had
a real and serious distributed DOS to any of your servers
you know why