ooc-dev team mailing list archive

Re: OOC blog stimulation and wiki extension

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Fabien Bourgeois <fabien.8@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 02/05/2010 14:38, Friedrich Weber a écrit :
>
>  We will create this pages in a special namespace of the official website
>>> and, when they are ready, we will open editing to all registered,
>>> allowing everyone to add and update their projects.
>>>

>> Good idea! Should we start doing this in our wiki or rather use a
>> special software somehow?
>>

> I think we will start on our current dokuwiki. I can try to prepare it
> shortly, I hope this week ?

Yes, that would be awesome. And then we can migrate the content to the new
website when it's ready.

>  Also sounds good. I have IRC, I think I was only ~90% of the last
>> months, but I'm not sure if we should publish them right now - IMHO if a
>> channel is going to publish its logs, this should be clear to all
>> participants beforehand. What do you think? ;)
>>

> I agree with you. Maybe we must ask from now, or maybe ircanswers is
> enough.

Fred: I think Fabien's request was mostly to re-read the logs for himself,
so he knows what to write
in 'ooc land weekly'. I don't think publishing the logs are necessary for
tha purpose.

>  The first thing which can be good is to write a *weekly news* about OOC
>>> and its ecosystem. It will need a lot of communication between the core
>>> team, developers and the `communication team`. There is the IRC room and
>>> maybe emails. But do you think it's possible to make another place where
>>> the community will post short news about its projects ? It can be here,
>>> on the ML, it can be special wiki pages, or identi.ca account... What do
>>> you think about ?
>>>

>> Can't we do that on the blog, too, or would this make the blog *too*
>> active? ;-)
>>

> I think it's possible, but it should be hard outside of the core team. I'd
> like to have a system where most of the contributors can post very easily
> their news and updates (small as big ones). Maybe a news submission ? All
> ideas are welcome here :)

Yeah a news submission system (requiring some moderating work to
edit/correct/improve news) would be great.

I'm not sure about just allowing other ooc-ers to post on the blog. It's not
really a system that would work, imho because it either gives too little or
too much control over the blog, both of which we don't want. Also, the
integration between the current blog and the main dokuwiki is rather sucky,
maybe we can have something better than that.

It's something to discuss with the website redesign team, I think in RoR
it's pretty easy to set up if we're clear on what we need, and I think we
agreed on IRC that the website should be more like a communication hub.

--
Amos Wenger (nddrylliog)