Re: odoo vertical-medical

Donning my devil's advocate suit (or hat) I have to take exception with the
allowance for everyone being able to use the Odoo brand.
Yes, we need all the marketing muscle we can muster but indiscriminate
usage of the Odoo name can very easily backfire.
Of course, community based initiatives will have reviews, internal
criticism et al. Good will all around.
Applause for that.
But many people may see this as an opportunity to distribute below-par
software under the Odoo umbrella.
And if there is no rein to this practice the ultimate victim of the lack of
control is going to be the brand itself. Let alone the possibility of
confusion. What or who may stop three different organizations from
launching Odoo Legal or Odoo Trains or whatever? Or five organizations?
(But I guess this matter deserves a new thread so as not to contaminate
Mario's initiative which, I feel, deserves all the praise it can get)
IMHO
Lp

Luis Panozzo (Lp)
Technology Manager