Re: On reporting systems for OpenERP

On 12/13/2009 04:50 PM, Davide Corio wrote:
> Il giorno dom, 13/12/2009 alle 09.58 -0500, Ovnicraft ha scritto:
>> I think we can help to report-openoffice[1] project to do what they
>> want, i was reading the blueprints and see one about Ooo plugin, we
>> are really interesting in create a tool to reports.
>>
>> Searching:
>> many output formats.
>> easy to create a report without programming
>> Ooo as designer
>
> These are the goals of report_openoffice.
>
> Some people prefer Jasper/iReport or other solutions, because those are
> "reporting tools" and even because they don't need to install openoffice
> on the server.
> I perfectly agree, but when we thought at report_openoffice for the
> first time we had in mind those people who need to just move a field on
> the report, add an image or other common situations where those task can
> be addressed to non-technical users, like the "girl Friday" [1]
>
> So, what we dream is something similar to the Tiny's OpenReport [2], but
> free...
> Report OpenOffice itself is almost working.
> yes, we can improve performances, syntax efficiency and other things...
>
>> I propose reach an agreement and we can create improve this project.
>
> At the moment, the development is organized on IRC (#relatorio channel),
> because we often need the precious help of Cèdric Krier (Relatorio and
> Tryton developer).
> But we can open a dedicated IRC channel or launchpad mailing list.
>

> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_Friday_%28idiom%29
> [2] http://tinyurl.com/ya9tbsq

I made a request for the Report OpenOffice Team [3] mailing list
yesterday but I'm still waiting for approval.

Another goal is to make it working on Windows. Some times ago I tried
and tried to build the installer with this [4] and I almost got it (at
least I installed it :) ) but after the 100+ error I gave up because we
didn't need it.

[3] https://launchpad.net/~report-openoffice-team
[4] https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp/openerp/win-installer-trunk

--
Simone Orsi              simone.orsi<at>domsense.com
Via Alliaudi, 19 - 10064  -  Pinerolo (TO)  -  Italy