Re: Making our way out from the bloated extra-addons repository

Dear community,

I see that this topic matter to a lot of us, and that's good news ! May I suggest the following :

- As Raphaël suggest, we group modules together that make sense and have dependencies in-between in a same branch

- For all those new groups of module (branches), we create a new project on LP with own his appropriate team

- Everyone can ask to be part a team if he has contributed in the project, the team will decide to accept or not

- Others may suggest and ask for merge proposal

- Bug can be handled by the good people this way

I already started to do this with another partner, so I share the new projects here (some still need their code to be committed/update):

 * https://launchpad.net/stock-logistic-barcode
 * https://launchpad.net/stock-logistic-warehouse
 * https://launchpad.net/stock-logistic-tracking
 * https://launchpad.net/stock-logistic-flows
 * https://launchpad.net/carriers-deliveries

We think it's a good way to go, I'm on the way of creating the following ones and add all modules from Camptocamp in them. You'll see that for 2 projects, I may join the  existing if their authors agree:

Partner Extension
Purchase Management Extension
Sales Management Extension
Product Kitting Management
Financial Report
Analytic Accounting
Project Management Extension
Bank Statement Management => may be in banking addons project, I asked Stefan for that
Budgeting
OpenERP Fiscal Rule (from akretion)
Department Management
Server Environment And Tools
Margin Analysis and Management
Timesheet Management
Webkit Utils And Sample Reports
Account Closing
Account Consolidation
Account Closing
Account Financial Tools (like credit control, currency_rate_update,..)
Invoicing and Contract Management
Account Cash Management

This will not be an exhaustive list, but it's a start and we already have interesting modules on all those topic. We would obviously welcome all people that have some modules to contribute to those project to suggest merge proposal for that. We though about asking some of you to commit some modules there too.

What do you think about that ? If you agree on that, I'm gonna start this ASAP and this will constitute a good kick-start.

Regards,

Joël

--

Joël Grand-Guillaume