Re: Nvidia/Intel switching and energy saving

On Do, 18 Jun 2009, Bernd Eggink wrote:
>     iwconfig wlan0 power on

I can confirm that turning power on on wlan0 does actually save a lot of
energy, but ...

> With this setting and a running wlan I get lower power consumption than
> with a powered down wlan. Without power management, consumption is 1 W
> higher, and doesn't appear to depend much on the rfkill state.

Hmm, here I do see a difference, I am not sure, hard to test. I left it
running the same way for about 10min and then the usage was mor or less
the same.

BUt it is anyway good to know that turning power on amounts to more or
less the same as turning the device completely off, at least for me.

Thanks

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx>        Vienna University of Technology
Debian Developer <preining@xxxxxxxxxx>                         Debian TeX Group
RECULVER (n.)
The sort of remark only ever made during Any Questions.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff