Re: Locale Chooser

Hi Israel,
[inline]

Den 2014-09-16 14:50, Israel skrev:
> Hi Nio,
> (inlines)
>
> On 09/16/2014 12:28 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>> Hi Israel,
>>
>> It is much better now, but still needs a full
>>
>> apt-get update
>> apt-get upgrade
>>
>> to work, at least in the present live session. I think you should
>> include those commands in the script.
> I suppose it needs those commands because I delete the cache when I
> build it.
> Maybe I can leave the things other than the deb files and it wont need that.
> I'll try this later...

It is worth trying

>> German survives in the menus, but the keyboard is reset to English
>> (default) after rebooting.
> I can have it eventually add setxkbmap to the startup... however I think
> we should use a different tool to set the keyboard map.
> As just changing it to Swedish (or whatever) wont always be what the
> user wants.  They may have a non qwerty keyboard and want to use that
> layout.

The German standard keyboard is qwertz (y and z have swapped place).

>> de_AT means Austrian German, mainstream German German is de_DE
>>
>> Swedish is still faulty: Nothing happens to the menus. There will be
>> Norwegian letters instead of Swedish, while the basic setxkbmap se makes
>> it correct. Your menu has se_NO, but not plain se.

The standard Swedish locale se was not there in the menu list of your
script. If I select it manually with

setxkbmap se

it will work in ToriOS.

> Did you choose se_NO from the choices?
> It should set it to whatever you choose.
> Should the menus ignore dialects?
> i.e. instead of de_AT it will use de_DE
> and instead of se_NO it will use se_SE

Jörn can tell you details about the German locale. You have to ask
people from other countries too, for example Mélodie from France and
someone who speaks Spanish and Portuguese ... I don't know what those
people want and expect.

>> Best regards
>> Nio
> As a side note, I have been working a bit on the installer script, and I
> will send you a modified version of the NioWill install script sometime
> when I get all the kinks out of my own.
> I am also testing out using a GUI, and have pretty good progress there.

Sounds good :-)