Re: Ubuntu's IP

Thanks Samuel for the links and your focus on the crucial point :-)

I think we have to think about what to do:

1. Business as usual - if we think Canonical will never consider ToriOS
to be a threat or a nuisance, and just won't bother. After all, ToriOS
focuses on very old hardware, which is completely abandoned by standard
Ubuntu and more or less abandoned also by the other official Ubuntu
flavours. There might be some overlap with Lubuntu.

2. When we have a release candidate, ask Canonical for approval - but
what if we get no reply or a negative reply? How can we assess the risk
in this case compared to that of 'business as usual'?

3. Switch and base ToriOS on Debian - if we think it would mean a big
step backward, maybe a one year delay, or we might never get it as user
friendly for some applied tasks.

*. I think we should try to find out which alternative is chosen by some
other small re-spins and big distros based on Ubuntu, for example

- Bento
- Bodhi
- Linux Mint
- LXLE