ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

Re: Software Center instead of gnome-packagekit

Users will install Firefox and LibreOffice anyways. The so called "Pure
Gnome Experience" sounds great, but practically the experience is not
great, at least for now. Why not give users "The Best Gnome Experience"
instead of "Pure Gnome Experience"? I think the reason to choose Ubuntu as
a base is to provide "The best Gnome Experience". If anyone wanted the pure
Gnome Experience, why won't he/she use Fedora instead?