Re: Dash search data and Chapter 2

Ok...got a informative reply from Didier last night.  He was very detailed
in his explanation and very empathetic at the frustration this last minute
change had caused the documentation community.

The external search results will be OPT-OUT, meaning search results will be
ON by default. The reason for it being ON by default makes sense as this
impacts other lenses that rely on external data sources (he mentions a
google lens and a wikipedia lens as examples). Users can disable external
results by going to the privacy section of the gnome control center.

Here is a screenshot of the final output that will appear in the final
12.10 release:
http://people.canonical.com/~didrocks/tmp/dash_privacy.png

I think at this point, we have enough information to move forward with a
mention in Chapter 2 of this feature and a quick blurb in the appropriate
security section or chapter on how to disable, along with a good screenshot.

The earliest I'll be able to update this information is Wednesday night
(Pacific Standard Time). So if it needs to be inserted before then, someone
else will have to do it. Else, I'll take care of it at that time (the
write-up in Chapter 2 and in other sections as needed...and the insertion
of the screenshot).