Re: Addressing the lack of Trademark License for YouTube, Twitter and Facebook Core Apps

On 19.03.2013 13:07, Zisu Andrei wrote:
We need to reach a conclusion.

We have few possible solutions:

  * unifying the applications under one roof and avoiding the trademark
    alltogether => things are unified(tm), but there could be a problem
    with user experience as the user might not be accustomed to them
    being like this (BlinkFeed sorta)
>   * [...]

I think the user experience is great then the user searches for "Twitter" and finds "Gwibber Social Client" or "Social App" or something, because the search got a result and Twitter can be used very fast and easy (provided Gwibber is fast and easy).

Is this not good enough in your opinion? What downsides do you see?

Well, a little thing concerning the search I described. Also the user finds the "Twitter" webapp. When this is not intended, one could sort more fancy and put webapps behind native apps which serve the same service (implementation details not interesting).

What I want to say is, user experience problems are solvable at the Unity level. Do you understand my explanation also like that?

I am not sure that I understood the UX problems in their entirety, cause I see a solution which is acceptable to me. Would be a user story which describes the situation helpful?

	payload