Re: [Design] Page stack back gesture

On Mon, 2013-06-24 at 16:45 -0500, Michael Spencer wrote:
> I've been tinkering around with ideas for the email app, and
> already I'm tired of having to swipe up the toolbar, click the back
> button, swipe up the toolbar, and then click the back button just to get
> to the top level.

If this is just in viewing emails, as I mentioned previously, there are
a bunch of actions that you will want to choose one of everytime you
view an email (back, trash, reply etc.). So, it makes sense to have all
the options available in the toolbar, just show the toolbar by default
when viewing an email and it's always one click away.

I expect the trash option will be used as often, perhaps more often,
than the back button. So, a universal way to make the back button more
visible does not solve the issue. Just show the controls by default when
viewing an email.

The filemanager already does this, so you can look at that code if you
don't know how to show by default.