Re: [Design] Page stack back gesture

On 06/25/2013 09:05 AM, Zisu Andrei wrote:

>     Inbox. The back button is in an app, why would the back button
>     exit the
>     app? Nothing should take you 'back to the notifications'
>
> Well, see, that's where the confusion comes, I see the page stack as
> having the email page on top of the notifications page, thus if it
> were to go back in the stack, I would go back to notifications.

I've never tried Ubuntu Touch on an actual device, but isn't that what
the swipe from the right edge gesture is for? That clearly separates the
actions into an app-level back button and an OS-level back swipe.

>     as the
>     notifications are in the indicators along the top, just drag it
>     down if
>     you want to access them again.
>
> What if I was in the calendar app and attached an email to my calendar
> entry. I go to the email, want to go back to calendar?

In that case you'd use the right-edge swipe to go back.

--
Michael Spencer - ibeliever.github.io

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- Proverbs 3:5-6