Re: [feature request/question] Encrypted email/sms support?

On 07/18/2013 11:04 AM, Rasmus Eneman wrote:
The implementation I suggest in two parts.

Quick messaging (SMS like):
Create an XMPP service bound to Ubuntu One account, all messages should
be encrypted with GPG.
Automatic key creation and exchange, totally invisible for the user,

If you're going to handle key creation and exchange invisibly, what use is GPG? Why not use SSL or OTR? I think IMs should be transparently encrypted whenever possible.

I'd rather handle email encryption on my own, because if my phone died, I'd lose my private key and could no longer read my email (which I wouldn't be able to read outside of my phone anyway.) I think email is a use case which needs more investigation.

Regards,
Nathan

--
Nathan Haines