Re: [Development] Newbie troubles: No valid kits found

Hi Kevin,

I just noted this thread. This one is fairly small to test:

bzr branch lp:poppler-qml-plugin
cd poppler-qml-plugin
qmake

Executing should take less than a second usually. It should have no
output if everything goes alright, and some errors if eg. dependencies
are missing. After that you can try 'make' to see if the Makefile was
successfully generated.

Or you could start with qmake --version

One more thought: sudo apt-get install --reinstall qt5-qmake

And the usual one: sudo apt-get install ubuntu-sdk

I haven't heard earlier about such a qmake timeout message in Qt
Creator, so the reinstallation suggestion is more like blind guessing.
But you're right that it's a good idea to first try Qt is working from
command line if Qt Creator is giving such problems.

The Qt Creator configuration resetting via rm -r
.config/Trolltech.conf .config/Qt* .config/Nokia* is the one that's
enough for taking care about the possibility of Qt Creator having a
messed up configuration.

-Timo