Re: camera-app vs. webbrowser-app autopilot dependencies

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 06:37:55PM -0600, Leo Arias wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM, Steve Langasek <
> steve.langasek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >     """Return the command to launch qmlscene for autopilot tests."""
> >     # We need to specify qt5 because qtchooser doesn't have a default
> >     # configuration on devices and it seems the environment variable
> >     # QT_SELECT=qt5 doesn't work for autopilot tests. --Mirv - 2013-10-03

> > Maybe we could get to the bottom of why that's not working, instead of
> > bypassing the interface?  This seems to work fine from the commandline.

> +1 to that. According to Mirv, the root of the problem is that we are using
> qmlscene. I would love a better way to launch the apps from the tests,
> maybe it's upstart, maybe it's making a replacement for qmlscene. I suppose
> this is a good discussion to revive. I'm adding Mirv to the thread because
> I understood half of what he explained to me :)

Well, it seems to me that calling qmlscene should be fine as long as the
QT_SELECT=qt5 is being passed in the environment, so probably something's
preventing that from happening the way we need it to and we just need to
figure out the right place to integrate this.  But yeah, let's let Timo tell
us what the problem was that he ran into.

slangasek@xxxxxxxxxx                                     vorlon@xxxxxxxxxx