Re: Device-Specific configs in debs

hi,
Am Samstag, den 18.01.2014, 14:50 +0100 schrieb Florian Will:

>  * Alsa ucm files for msm-audio in /usr/share/alsa/ucm (I'm not sure
> if the same files can be used for all devices using the msm chipset,
> may need to be adapted for each device?)

thanks for bringing this up ...
these files traditionally were handled on a per-chipset base (which is
what we still do for our supported ports, but this is rather due to the
fact that they all use different chipsets) but that was under desktop
linux where you usually only have to get the routing for one in/out
channel set right and are done ... in the mobile world where you have
way more input and output channels and a much more complicated routing i
can imagine that we will need to handle these settings on a per-device
base instead (the same chipset might have all its channels handled
totally differently on two different phones) since maintaining it on a
per chipset base might just get you a config full of device specific
exceptions anyway.

ciao
	oli