Re: Landing team meeting 19.03.14

Le 20/03/2014 18:38, Bill Filler a écrit :
we block changes from getting into our proposed images quite frequently which seems wrong because we are so concerned about promoting it to released

Hey Bill,

I agree with part of what you are saying. On one hand it feels like we are sometime too careful about landing new features/changesets on the proposed image. On the other hand, when we land a feature we need to make sure the focus is on getting that feature fully ready/polished, so we can promote an image that includes it. That often means blocking other work/changes from landing, to avoid risking 'drifting away and never being able to get back'.

What you suggest with your "land feature, promote on regular cadence" seems to be close from what is current happening? We just had quite some big changesets recently (android 4.4, qt 5.2, ...). Like we landed qt 5.2 and we are current in the "small cycle" focussed on getting that feature promoted. While we focus on that one we limit disruption/other features. Once qt 5.2 is promoted I guess we should be able to land another feature, drive it to promotion, and iterate again.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher