Re: Reviews and bug reports

Hi all,

I've been traveling and haven't had the time to push this as much as I'd like. But Sam Segers's recent email reminded me that this is still a problem. So:

Thanks to everyone who has been offering criticisms and suggestions. As you rightly point out, there are many ways in which my proposal is suboptimal. And I'd like to think that most of these are fixable. But I'd rather get the suboptimal solution working and then iterate it towards perfection than spend our time planning a perfect solution.

The one show-stopper problem that's been raised is that a Ubuntu One account does not necessarily imply a Launchpad account. Can someone fill me in on this, or point me to someone else who can? If we can automatically set up a Launchpad account given the user's Ubuntu One credentials, we may be okay. But if not, we're leaving my goal of making bug reports as easy as reviews.

If this gets solved, how do I get approval/buy-in from the various stakeholders? The major changes will live in the app scope, but the app store code and possibly Launchpad would also need changes. I don't want to repeat this argument for each project, and risk having it fail because one project didn't think it was a good idea.

I'm willing to keep pushing and do what coding I can, but I need some direction here.

Thanks,
Robert