Re: Dekko 0.5.4: small observations (Spanish menu, ...)

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> El día Wednesday, June 24, 2015 a las 12:10:26PM +0200, David Planella
> escribió:
>
> > Hi Matthias,
> >
> > lrelease is for development purposes, so it's not installed on the phone.
> > You'll need to pull the file from the device, modify it on your desktop
> and
> > then push it back to the phone.
>
> I do not have a desktop with this tool, I'm using FreeBSD and I have not
> found the tool in the Qt packages;

I'm not familiar with FreeBSD, but lrelease and lupdate should be in
QtLinguist-related packages. Perhaps this can help as a hint?

> > But the best suggestion would be to ping the Ubuntu Spanish translators
> > fix it for everyone if it turns out to be a translation bug.
> >
> > I'm not quite sure how you get to display that message, from what I see
> > this seems to be already a good translation:
> >
> > Mensajes borrados        (deleted messages)
> >
> > Could you perhaps explain step by step where that is shown, or perhaps
> send
> > a screenshot?
>
> Please see attachment.
>
> Of course the translation of 'Mensajes borrados' is 'deleted messages',
> but in the screen in this place it should say 'Borrar mensajes' (Delete
> messages) because this is what you do when you hit this menu item: it
> will expunge in the IMAP server the messages which you have deleted
> before. Or even better 'Tachar mensajes borrados' (Expunge deleted
> messages)

I'm not sure where this translation comes from, as the only reference I
find is here:

https://translations.launchpad.net/dekko/0.5/+pots/dekko.dekkoproject/es/+translate?batch=10&show=all&search=mensajes+borrados

For what is worth, the translation is different, but incorrect there too.
Again not sure where it came from: it seems Dan (Dekko's developer) is
credited with it, but it could be because he did an upload of a new .po
file in Launchpad and the translation got assigned as LP could not figure
out the translator from the web login.

Cheers,
David.