Re: MX4 + adb

El sábado, 9 de abril de 2016 10h'47:05 ART, ubuntu.mexon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx escribió:
On 2016-04-09 20:53 , Krzysztof Tataradziński - ktatar156@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Try that one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/meizu-mx/general/tutorial-ubuntu-touch-cyanongen-to-flyme-t3240088
I'm on Arch linux with android-tools installed and works great! ;)

Does that link add anything to help me get adb working?  If adb can't
see the phone I can't even get through the "adb reboot-bootloader" step.

Installing a whole different Linux just to get one tool working seems a
bit over-the-top.  Is there reason to believe it's a difference between
Arch Linux and Raspbian that's the problem?  A different version of
android-tools, or a different USB driver, or something?  It would be a
shame to waste effort installing Arch Linux just to find out that my USB
port is hardware-incompatible with the MX4 for some reason.

A possibly interesting fact is that on my Macbook running adb 1.0.32 I
can see (and command "adb reboot-bootloader") my ZTE Android phone,
whereas on the Raspberry Pi running adb 1.0.31 I can't see that phone
either.  But then, that's not really a *very* interesting fact, since it
doesn't help me get the MX4 working.

Can someone give me some insight into why this is a hard problem?  I
really thought the whole point of adb and USB was to provide standard
protocols across different hardware and host OSs.

Certain versions of adb servers (generally on devices) require specific versions of adb clients (generally on hosts). This means that you might need to check the adb version you are using on the host. One feature that comes to mind is the addition of host keys used for authentication that the client needs to support for the server to respond back.

Another thing that needs to be known to the clients are the device id's that adb can talk to; the client will only try and talk to the devices it knows about, you can manually add these ids fwiw

--
Enviado con Dekko desde mi dispositivo Ubuntu