Re: MX4 + adb

On 2016-04-10 04:32 , Sergio Schvezov wrote:

> Certain versions of adb servers (generally on devices) require
> specific versions of adb clients (generally on hosts). This means that
> you might need to check the adb version you are using on the host. One
> feature that comes to mind is the addition of host keys used for
> authentication that the client needs to support for the server to
> respond back.

OK then, here's the big question: Which specific version of adb do I
need in order to talk to my MX4?  I have 1.0.32 on the Macbook and
1.0.31 on the Raspberry Pi.

> Another thing that needs to be known to the clients are the device
> id's that adb can talk to; the client will only try and talk to the
> devices it knows about, you can manually add these ids fwiw

How do I add device IDs?  I already added the vendor ID to adb_usb.ini.

mat@pi:~$ cat .android/adb_usb.ini
# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x2a45
mat@pi:~$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 010: ID 2a45:0c02
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.

(And what is "android update adb"?  Doesn't work on either machine.)