Re: Concerning UbuntuOne

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 11:43 -0600, Joshua Hoover wrote:

> The issue of version incompatibility is related to bug 462828 [1] where
> we intentionally caused clients without a critical update to not connect
> to the service. We did this to protect users from potential data loss. I
> apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you and others. The good
> news is that there is a relatively simple fix - update to the latest
> version of Ubuntu One, whether you're on Karmic or Jaunty.

Thanks to all who gave input on this. I finally located the problem:

After upgrade to the Karmic release, the list of repositories from the
Ubuntu One beta on Jaunty remained in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/, so even
a purge and reinstall yielded the client from Jaunty. After removing the
client and removing this file in sources.list.d, I got the right version
of Ubuntu One. This should probably be considered as a bug in the
Jaunty->Karmic upgrade process.

br
Carsten