Re: Concerning UbuntuOne

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Agger wrote:
> I really loved the simplicity of it - until about the time of the
> release of Karmic. Sometime before the client started complaining of
> version compatibility with the server on the laptop, and after upgrade
> to Karmic sync'ing doesn't work at all.
>
> On the netbook, UbuntuOne now complains of version incompatibility with
> the server and asks me to be patient, while on the laptop it appears to
> work fine which is strange since I'd suppose the versions in Karmic and
> UNR 9.10 to be the same?

The issue of version incompatibility is related to bug 462828 [1] where
we intentionally caused clients without a critical update to not connect
to the service. We did this to protect users from potential data loss. I
apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you and others. The good
news is that there is a relatively simple fix - update to the latest
version of Ubuntu One, whether you're on Karmic or Jaunty. If this does
not fix the issue, then please let me know and we'll be sure to look
into it further. I'm normally available on #ubuntuone on freenode from
14:00 UTC to 23:00 UTC. Ping joshuahoover there and I'll work with you
to get this issue resolved.

[1] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+bug/462828

Thank you,

Joshua