Re: No more dodge windows in Unity?

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 14:45, tommy <tommy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry for repost.
>
> W dniu 2012-02-08 14:45, tommy pisze:
>
>> I really like the current idea of removing the "Dodge" feature.
>
> I also like it and have my 11.10 set that way.

> But
>> window controls for maximized window are slightly to the left of the
>> window's top left corner, so this might be confusing.
>
> I thought the same. The solution could be :
a) in case always visible, to let the left panel/launcher cover the whole
left edge of the screen and the dash button moved the to the top left
corner. Let the top( the one with the global menu) bar come under the left
panel rather above. The control button will be not below the the dash
button but moved a bit, equal to the width of left panel/launcher, to the
right and they will be on the corner of the maximized window.

b)in case launcher is set to dodge, We let the top bar cover the whole top
edge and move the window control button to the top left.  It also works
fine because when somebody invokes the left launcher then, in my personal
thinking, he won't be using window control button. So, if they goes below
the left panel for those moments when launcher is revealed, nothing goes
wrong.

I hope I am not missing something important.

Aligning the
>> buttons plus click twice launcher icon to minimize app instead of doing
>> nothing will make Unity perfect for me and some people that have tried it.
>>
> I would more like it to be application dependent. For browser, I would
like it to be new window.