Re: No more dodge windows in Unity?

> b)in case launcher is set to dodge, We let the top bar cover the whole
> top edge and move the window control button to the top left.  It also
> works fine because when somebody invokes the left launcher then, in my
> personal thinking, he won't be using window control button. So, if they
> goes below the left panel for those moments when launcher is revealed,
> nothing goes wrong.

This could be very inconsistent. Maybe return with the dash button to the place, where currently window controls are?

> I would more like it to be application dependent. For browser, I would
> like it to be new window.

There was a huge discussion some time ago about this, but for me this would clutter the launcher (new window for browser, new email for Thunderbird, what for Calculator?). Currently when the window is on top and focused, Unity does absolutely nothing when window launcher is clicked (icon is not grayed out, so it should *DO* something, at least blink). That's useless when I have 6 fullscreen apps, 7 terminals, calculator and something else and want to minimize few of them - I have to focus first fullscreen app, then I have to move the mouse to minimize another app that is focused but not in full-screen mode, then I have to go to the top to minimize another fullscreen window that gets focused after minimizing the last one etc. - because of Compiz stacking behaviour. It's not a bug, it should stack windows like that, otherwise it could break some apps. It takes time and it's a let's say a pain in the backside when I have to get to window layout I want, but I have so many fullscreen windows open that spread doesn't tell me anything.

If minimize by launcher were possible, I could simply Super+1, Super+3, Super+7 and I'm all done having few windows I want, insted of 20 clicks and moving mouse along the whole desktop.