Re: No more dodge windows in Unity ? Why keep the "Always hide" option ?

Hello Friends,
                      With never hide or always visible option, I find the
position of WCB( Windows control buttons ) a bit strange. I
Did any one think of solution. One solution would have as follows:
a) in case always visible, to let the left panel/launcher cover the whole
left edge of the screen and the dash button moved the to the top left
corner. Let the top( the one with the global menu) bar come under the left
panel rather above. The control button will be not below the the dash
button but moved a bit, equal to the width of left panel/launcher, to the
right and they will be on the corner of the maximized window.

b)in case launcher is set to dodge, We let the top bar cover the whole top
edge and move the window control button to the top left.  It also works
fine because when somebody invokes the left launcher then, in my personal
thinking, he won't be using window control button. So, if they goes below
the left panel for those moments when launcher is revealed, nothing goes
wrong.

But, as a good man pointed out, in case b) this creates a problem for the
Maximize and minimize button of the dash, as it would go under the button
for dash( BFD)

 Don't you guys think the exceptional behavior of the dash window, that it
has to be connected to the left launcher and top  panel always puts in
front of us an extra case to consider. Why can't we have dash in a
independent window like other applications. If we could, we could call the
launcher, press the dash button, have dash open, and  let launcher go back
to hide leaving the dash open to work with just like it would work with the
windows of other apps.

This is not the only time when this exceptional visual behavior of dash
window created problem. This is the thing that make moving of launcher at
the bottom extremely difficult.

I personally don't see much positive in having dash attached to left
launcher and panel but it definitely brings difficulties by always putting
one extra difficult case to deal with.
I would personally don't mind to have dash window, when not maximized, in
the center of the desktop leaving space all around to drop things from
dash, as default option. Of course, widows should be movable on the desktop
as the window of other applications.

I apologize if I break the discussion with a wrong question in the wrong
place.