Re: Some impressions about the current status of Unity

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 20:58, Ian Santopietro <isantop@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Directory based navigation is a bad concept for modern computing. Not even
> Windows is holding on to that in Windows 8. Users don't care about folders
> or files. They only want to interact with data.

Well,  in this case i have some bad old news for them : data is stored
in files.  And files are organized in directories.  If some users
prefer to put all of their files in a single directory (for example
"on the desktop")   this is nothing but a bad practice.

> The number of clicks in this case is completely irrelevant. If the user is
> in a hurry, they will know what they want and use search or a launcher
> shortcut. If they want to browse through the applications installed, then
> the number of clicks doesn't matter. They aren't in a hurry to get work
> done, and individual clicks aren't hard or time consuming in this scenario.

I don't agree, but whatever ...