Re: adding a startup application is not average user friendly

you mean like a quicklist item: "startup automatically".

or you actually mean pinning it will start it up? well i prefer the first option, i have calculator, gedit, sys monitor, termainal, software center and i dont necessarily want them to start up automatically, slowing down login.