Re: velgrad

I think just 6 goals will do, since shear stresses will be (in
equilibirum) symmetric.

Mmmmh... It is restricting possible loading scenarii, since F is not symmetric (imagine somebody wants to assign all 9 components of F).

I actually wanted to have one big system (matrix) and then eliminate
columns corresponding to given goals (which would move to RHS) etc, but
that will need incremental formulation, and a few thoughts how to handle
absolute goals in that case...
I'm not really sure it is possible to solve this problem. We have path-dependent and rate-dependent problems, we can't just define the absolute goals (F/stress) and let Yade decide what the path will be (for loading rate, I think your approach using maxRate is perfect). For complex loadings, the user has to define the loading path, I see no other option. The simulation can still be stopped based on "goal" values of F, but if goals are not consistent with the loading direction, it will never end (user's responsability).

This is why I implemented cell inertia. Did you fix this or it was not really a problem?
I didn't fix it, but inertia has nothing to do (?) with material
stiffness? It is just "dynamic" stiffness.

They are two different ways to apply the goal stress. I thought stiffness was broken (is it or not?), that is why I used the inertial way.

Chareyre Bruno
Maître de Conférences

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43