Re: [PETSC #13298] Re: installation of DOLFIN 0.5.7 on Debian

  Take a look at
http://akaimbatman.blogspot.com/2005/06/linux-desktop-distribution_111888594099190449.html

I use the Mac all the time now and just love the fact that Applications
and libraries (called Frameworks) are completely self-contained objects that you
can move around at will and don't leave "droppings" all over the place like in
classic Unix (by droppings I mean some stuff in /usr/lib some in /usr/include
some in /usr/bin some in /usr/man etc etc).

  Barry