Re: KiCad new look - new icons and new buttons

On 8/28/2011 11:10 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

>>> I just saw the first two commits.  I'm definitely looking forward to the
>>> improved tool bar images.  If the samples on Fabrizio's website are any
>>> indication, Kicad should look pretty darn good.  I'll hold off
>>> committing my patch to disable menu item images until you get this
>>> completed.  Thank you for efforts.
>>>
>>> Wayne
>> I appreciate you waiting.  Still working on it.  Plan on not quitting until I am
>> at a reasonable way point.
>>
>> Dick
>
> Just committed.  A BITMAP_DEF is now a const pointer to an opaque object,
> from bitmaps.h:
>
> /// a BITMAP_DEF is really a const pointer to an opaque
> /// structure.  So you should never need to use 'const' with it.
> typedef const BITMAP_OPAQUE *BITMAP_DEF;

Dick,

I ran into a problem on Windows this morning with a segfault when creating the
language menu.  I added KiBitmap() where the images get added to the menu item
and it seems to have fixed the problem on CvPcb.  It's still in the process of
building so I'm not sure if there are other issues in any of the other apps.
I'm working on it and I'll keep you posted.

> Fabrizio is working an enormous number of hours on the *.svgs, having to create
> from scratch a couple hundred.  This is probably more work than he anticipated.
>
> *He should have all our appreciation.*

At the very least we should add his name to the list of artists in the about
dialog.  I can add it as part of my force image in menu item change which I
will commit as soon as I have the rest of the Windows issues resolved.

> The incorporation of them into the code is what I am working on, and this is
> also a few days work, more than I originally guessed.  Like software.

I don't think my commit will impact anything you are working on but I am more
than willing to wait.

Wayne