Re: boost_root driven by https

On 1 September 2013 14:27, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Executable
> >
> > Read about "relocations".
>

> Brian,
>

> I think your idea of looking at the PE headers is good.
>

> Also, maybe you can mimic the BASE ADDRESSES of the DLLs being built, and
> try and get
> mingw's LD, invoked under g++,  to use the same ones:
>

> Something like this for each DLL:
>

> set( YOUR_DLL_BASE 0x2321000000 )       # adjust accordingly
>
> set_target_properties( your_dll PROPERTIES
>         LINK_FLAGS -Wl,--image-base,${YOUR_DLL_BASE}
> )
>

> With the same base addresses, if there is still a big difference, then it
> is something else.

Okay, no problem. I can look at this to see what effect it has. Ultimately
the real slowness appears to be startup-time and not much else. The
performance of the applications (although obviously I'm only testing with
wxWidgets samples) appears to be comparable.

Thanks for the information, I wasn't aware of this gcc feature.

Best Regards,

Brian.