Re: Full integration to Github

On 12/11/2015 05:58 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 12/11/2015 3:25 AM, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
>> On 12/08/2015 09:57 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> I'm not the biggest github fan either.  I think its OK but it was
>>> expecting a lot more given all of the fan fair.  I do like working with
>>> git.  I've been using it exclusively for my Eeschema refactor work.  Has
>>> anyone tried using the git support on launchpad yet?  I haven't had time
>>> to mess around with it.  I know it's still a beta version but it might
>>> be worth a look.  It could be a low pain option as long as the launchpad
>>> devs get all the bug tracker and merge request support working with git.
>>>  It may be worth trying to get an idea of when the LP devs plan to have
>>> this done.  If it's within the next year, it may be worth waiting rather
>>> than jumping ship.
>>
>> There is basic support for git in Launchpad, and it seems to work.
>> Following a short manual [1], I was able to push a branch to my git
>> repository on LP [2]. It has taken me less than 5 minutes, thanks to our
>> code is already stored in a git repo on github.
>> If our main goal is to switch to git, then this must be the cheapest &
>> quickest way.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Orson
>>
>> 1. https://help.launchpad.net/Code/Git
>> 2. https://code.launchpad.net/~orsonmmz/kicad/+git/kicad
>>

> Did you try to link a fake LP bug report and/or merge request to this
> repo.  If those two things work at least as well as they do with bzr, it
> might just be the way to go.

For the moment there is no possibility to fill a bug report against a
specific commit, though it seems to me that it is a rarely used option.
Majority of bug reports contain the version information in the
description field. Unfortunately, it may also mean there is no way to
mark a specific commit as a bug fix.

It is possible to propose a branch to be merged, though the interface is
not well polished yet. It was not clear to me what should be put in
"Target repository" (e.g. ~orsonmmz/kicad/+git/kicad) and "Target path"
(branch name in the repository) fields, but perhaps they are
automatically filled out when requesting merge against the main
repository. It is also possible to add reviews, as in the Launchpad version.

Regards,
Orson