Re: Full integration to Github

On 1/5/2016 4:00 AM, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
> On 12/11/2015 05:58 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> On 12/11/2015 3:25 AM, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
>>> On 12/08/2015 09:57 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> There is basic support for git in Launchpad, and it seems to work.
>>> Following a short manual [1], I was able to push a branch to my git
>>> repository on LP [2]. It has taken me less than 5 minutes, thanks to our
>>> code is already stored in a git repo on github.
>>> If our main goal is to switch to git, then this must be the cheapest &
>>> quickest way.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Orson
>>>
>>> 1. https://help.launchpad.net/Code/Git
>>> 2. https://code.launchpad.net/~orsonmmz/kicad/+git/kicad
>>>

>> Did you try to link a fake LP bug report and/or merge request to this
>> repo.  If those two things work at least as well as they do with bzr, it
>> might just be the way to go.
>
> For the moment there is no possibility to fill a bug report against a
> specific commit, though it seems to me that it is a rarely used option.
> Majority of bug reports contain the version information in the
> description field. Unfortunately, it may also mean there is no way to
> mark a specific commit as a bug fix.
>
> It is possible to propose a branch to be merged, though the interface is
> not well polished yet. It was not clear to me what should be put in
> "Target repository" (e.g. ~orsonmmz/kicad/+git/kicad) and "Target path"
> (branch name in the repository) fields, but perhaps they are
> automatically filled out when requesting merge against the main
> repository. It is also possible to add reviews, as in the Launchpad version.
>
> Regards,
> Orson

It looks like git support in launchpad is a work in progress.  I will
contact the launchpad devs to see what their time frame is for getting
full launchpad support up and running.  I don't want to loose the link
between bug reports and the repo version if I can help it.  I'll hold
off any final decision until I hear back from the launchpad devs.