Re: Git transition

Christmas in August has arrived!  I think.  I've switch the KiCad
project over to Git and the product branch (renamed product-git to avoid
conflict with the bzr product branch) seems to be up to date and ready
to go.  As with the product branch the product-git branch is owned by
the kicad-product-committers team so the same devs should be able to
push to the product-git branch.  Let me know if you have any issues.  As
for how this is all going to work as far as usage goes, that remains to
be seen.  In the short term, I expect that patches and branch merges
will be done as usual.  As for the level of support from LP for merging
and branching goes, I have no idea.  We will deal with the issues as
they arise.  You can clone the repo by using:

git clone https://git.launchpad.net/kicad

There is some useful info on configuring git for launchpad here:

https://help.launchpad.net/Code/Git

Do really need to keep the mirror on Github now that we are using Git?
If so, would someone please update the current mirror to point the url
above so the mirror is kept up to date.

Thank you for your patience during the transition and happy version
controlling!

Wayne