Re: 5.1

On 10/23/2018 10:12 AM, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
> On 10/23/18 3:00 PM, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
>> The issues were asserts, missing icons and a crash on exit.  I tracked
>> it down to a wx module that was loaded by pip in my user cache from when
>> I was testing gtk3 builds.  Yay, python.  Removing it cleared all issues.
>
> Indeed it sounds like gtk2/gtk3 conflict, but I have good news: I fixed
> the mirrored title block printing. I have also changed CMakeLists.txt,
> so now it selects the same toolkit for wxWidgets and wxPython. When
> scripting is disabled and only wxWidgets is linked then the default
> toolkit is used. Now the problems caused by gtk2/gtk3 conflicts should
> be gone. I think there is only one GTK3-specific issue left [1].

Be careful here.  As Seth pointed out, you may run into issues
attempting to be too clever.

> I have not pushed my changes yet, as there are two patches hanging in
> the air that touch the same area that I have modified: one from Wayne to
> verify wxPython.h, second one from Thomas Pointhuber to support Phoenix.
> I came last to the party, so I am willing to rebase my changes once the
> other changes are applied.
>
>> We can currently choose the wx version we link against using
>> -DwxWidgets_CONFIG_OPTIONS="--toolkit=gtk2".  I'd prefer to retain that
>> ability rather than having Cmake try to figure it out.  Maybe we make
>> that option more user-friendly?
>
> Do you mean a CMake flag? I have nothing against it.

The -DwxWidgets_CONFIG_OPTIONS variable gets added to the wx-config call
in FindwxWidgets.cmake.  Obviously, this only affects platforms that
support wx-config but it can be useful so you want to avoid breaking it.