Re: Segfault that just started happening

Hi,

On 31.10.2018 14:42, Strontium wrote:

>> The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)'.
>>   (Details: serial 8548 error_code 2 request_code 154 minor_code 24)

The segmentation fault happens because the error handler for X errors
tries to exit the program, and stumbles over invalid objects there. This
is an error path that is badly tested, because these errors are usually
difficult to reproduce, so I'd ignore the segmentation fault here and
focus on the X error.

The major request code (154) is dynamically allocated, so it is
difficult to tell which X extension caused it. The most likely candidate
is GLX, where minor opcode 24 is X_GLXCreateNewContext.

Do other OpenGL based programs work for you?

Does glxinfo report Direct Rendering to be active?

   Simon